oase.surf - surfers world

Zurück   [oaseforum.de] > Hauptbereich > Kitesurfen

Kitesurfen Achtung: Bitte Vorgaben beachten!

Antwort    « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »  

Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 09.06.2013, 19:33   #1
ripper tom
Benutzer

Standard Shannon Best mit neuer Kitemarke

Hello,

I just wanted to touch base and bring you up to speed on my activities since my departure from Best Kiteboarding and tell you about my new company and venture, KiteSurf.

For background, I was introduced to the sport in 1999 by KiteSurf. Facing productions difficulties with their licensor at the time, KiteSurf’s owner supported my departure to start, with a few investors, Best Kiteboarding in 2003. My number one goal was to build the best gear possible and have fun, because in all truth, that’s what kitesurfing is, Fun. Indeed, for the first few years it was fun and it showed in the great response we had from everyone along the way to becoming the largest kite manufacture in the world!

As the company expanded, our controlling investor’ priorities shifted and a new management team was hired. I never got involved into the finance or management of the company and had little to say at the time but the dwindling bottom line became the most important thing and the bean counters stepped in, attempting to control not only the business but also the design and development of our products. This was catastrophic and their involvement led to poor quality and failed designs resulting in a collapse of the sales. Although touting his Harvard degree and proclaiming to be the only one qualified enough to manage a company of that size, the new CEO proved to bring about the collapse of Best Kiteboarding from a $21 million a year of sales to less than $4 million last year.

This was the beginning of the end and it is with great frustration that I watched the company that I founded and which was carrying my name make one mistake after another and completely lose sight of its core ideas. Having been diluted along the way, but for voicing my repeated objections, I had no say in Best Kiteboarding direction and we finally parted ways at the end of 2012. Contrary to what was published, it was not on very good terms.

Returning to my sources, I joined once again with KiteSurf this past January and was able to go back to my initial philosophy. Without having to deal with large corporate politics and bureaucracy, I’m finally free again to design, build the best kitesurfing equipment on the planet and most importantly to once again have some fun. After assembling a team of the most talented individuals within their respected fields in the industry and who share my philosophy, we have designed and tested a new line of kitesurfing equipment which we are ready to bring to the market.

The design of our new kites reflects a combination of both old school and new school directions both in shape and graphics. Working without restraint and with an enthusiastic and competent team we were able to achieve our goal and create two unbelievable kite lines.

The MP kite meets all our expectations; light, responsive, massive wind range and lift. This kite jams up wind, capitalizes on any condition that is thrown at it and rides through gusty squalls. From beginners to advanced riders, the MPs (available from 5m to 13m) were fine-tuned to provide any rider with the performance they expect from beginners to advanced riders. The MP is available now.

For light wind, extra lift and racing, we also designed a second line of high aspect ratio kites, the SB (only in large sizes from 10m and up). The SB should be available within the next 2 months.

Our web site will be up in a few weeks but you can already go to KiteSurf.com were we posted a bit more information and some pictures of the new gear. If you want to view and test the MPs and you are in south Florida (USA) or in Catalina (Colombia) contact me so we can be arrange for it.

Feel free to contact me at any time with any questions you might have.

Time to have fun again!

Shannon Best
shannonbest.com
ripper tom ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 09.06.2013, 20:31   #2
froggy-hro
Benutzer

Standard top info

verrückte sache!

die kites sehen zwar noch nicht soooo toll aus, dass ich da zuschlagen würde.....aber das projekt sollte man definitiv im auge behalten!
=)
froggy-hro ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10.06.2013, 07:51   #3
FCUK
Benutzer

Standard

"The best kitesurfing equipment on the planet"
Gegen die Amis ist Core ja geradezu bescheiden.
Diese unglaubliche Großkotzigkeit ist schon alleine Grund genug, keinen SBest-Kite zu kaufen.
FCUK ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10.06.2013, 08:15   #4
lars914
Benutzer

Standard

Der schnitt erinnert doch stark an die alten waroo... nicht das die schlecht waren, aber dafür gleich ne weitere Marke aufbauen .... im fragwürdigen design ?

Hat sich nen schlechten Zeitpunkt ausgesucht, jetzt wo die Best kites entlich etwas hübscher geworden sind und keinen doofen fisch mehr haben.

Wenn der nicht nen sehr starken Investor im Rücken hat wird die Marke nicht lange bestehen. Da gibt es doch zahlreiche junge Kitemarken die einen innovativerern Eindruck machen. Alleine schon Preorders annehmen und noch nicht mals die Homepage einigermassen fertig haben ist schon schwach, und nen Foto vom Barsystem wäre auch schön gewesen.
lars914 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10.06.2013, 12:24   #5
kiteforum.com
GONE KITING

Standard

war nicht der Waroo der meistverkaufteste Kite? Und der Fisch war ein Markenzeichen...müsste mal ein Werber kommentieren ob der negativ oder positiv angenommen wurde?
kiteforum.com ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10.06.2013, 13:34   #6
the_gmo
Benutzer

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von kiteforum.com Beitrag anzeigen
müsste mal ein Werber kommentieren ob der negativ oder positiv angenommen wurde?
Klar wurde der Fisch sofort mit Best verbunden nachdem er auf allen Produkten verwendet wurde. Aus Werbetechnischer Sicht hat er schon funktioniert. Er hat zudem polarisiert, und vor allem durch die Aehnlichkeit mit einem bestimmten Koerperteil fuer einigen Gespraechsstoff gesorgt...dadurch war Best als Marke immer mal wieder in aller Munde.

Wie das dann in der Masse aufgenommen wird sei mal dahingestellt. Ist wie mit der Gelb/Weiss-Kombination von Core...manchem Gefaellt es, anderen wierderum nicht...der Zweck (sofortige Erkennung der Marke) wird damit auf jeden Fall erfuellt.

Ich denke aber nicht dass das der Grund dafuer ist/war dass der Waroo zwischen 2006 und 2008 so populaer war. Ich denke das hatte damals viel mit Bests Preisstrategie zu tun. Dadurch haben eben viele Schulen mit dem Kite unterrichtet und dadurch haben dann sehr viele Anfaenger den Schirm gekauft...war ja auch ein Super Preis damals.

Ich wuenche Mr. Best viel Erfolg mit seiner neuen Marke... wobei wie schon gesagt wurde darf man Zweifeln ob es reicht im heutigen Ueberangebot an Kites. Da duerften andere kleinere Marke mit individuellen Konzepten die Nase vorne haben.
the_gmo ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10.06.2013, 14:41   #7
Bazzat
Lord logger

Standard

In erster Line war Best erfolgreich weil es 2 Kites zum Preis von einen gab und die Kites waren auch okay.

Wenn Shannon das auch so macht, wird auch er Stückzahlmegaerfolgreich, wenn der Kite halbwegs fliegt .

Des Best marketing war anfangs Lehrbuchmäßig im positiven Sinne. Und dann auch im negativen Sinne weil die Marke ihre Anteile nicht halten konnte als der Preis zu den anderen Marken aufschloss.

Der Fisch (Logo) fand ich ganz gut. Alles zu seiner Zeit. Finde ich heute noch besser als z.B. das airrush Logo.
Bazzat ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten

Antwort