oase.surf - surfers world

Zurück   [oaseforum.de] > Produkte: Testberichte - Erfahrungsberichte - Reviews > Kites

Antwort    « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »  

Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 14.02.2006, 12:11   #1
skyseer
Benutzer

Standard Flysurfer Pulse 10m - auf Englisch

Das habe ich vor ein paar Tage auf Foilzone.com gepostet, leider auf Englisch.

--------------------
I had the chance of flying a Pulse10 prototype last saturday for about an hour, on a frozen lake in the alps (Reschensee/Resia).

Wind: hard to tell, something between 10 and 22 knots
Weight: 84 kg, snowboard

What you already read about the stability is true. No collapsing, no luffing, you can head downwind and it follows you no problem.

Forces on the bar are very light (set on neutral), I found it to be less direct than the Speed. You can steer and power up easy with one hand.
Turning speed is good, faster than a Speed13, slower than a Speed7 (I haven't really flown a Speed10, so that I can't compare).

Gusts: gusts are history. You can ignore them.
I never rode so fast (that's not saying much, but consider it relatively), and felt in total control.

Downturns developed a great pull downwind, ant it didn't turn tight, but it is surely a question of working on the depower (I was having so much fun I didn't wan't to experiment that much).

Depower: it has a trim strap, which means you don't have total depower by just pulling out the bar. I the conditions I rode the strap was all the time on full power (except when I pulled it half in to see how it behaved), and I could confortably ride on the stopper.
Even on full power, I had no problem at all in handling gusts over 20 knots, and believe me, I do not like being overpowered on snow.
When you pull the trim strap all the way in the kite still flies with virtually no pull. Top end was far, far away.
The trim strap is very long and should be easy to reach for anybody. When you pull the bar all the way out, longer arms are needed.

Jumping: it doesn't get easier than that. I got my highest jumps on snow (again, consider it relatively).
You can easily keep the edge till the last second, send it and pull in. Obviously they were not as floaty as with the Speed13, but it wasn't bad either.

Power: I don't know really. I was riding side to side with a friend on skis and a Venom13, and I could overtake him without problems, going faster in the lulls AND in the gusts, because of better control (he's lighter than me, more or less same level).

Conclusions:
it's a proto, and a few things are going to be different in the serial version (e.g. 5th line will be standard).
In the whole it's a great kite, stable, smooth and for gusty conditions a blessing. You may leave your windmaster at home.
After one session, for normal conditions I still like my Speeds better, but I can't wait to try it on water.
As usual the main question will be: how fast and how tight does it turn in comparison with other bow kites ? (unfortunately, I haven't flown any)
---------------------------
skyseer ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 14.02.2006, 12:27   #2
skyseer
Benutzer

Standard

und noch ein Review from Foilzone !
Poster: just do it. Er ist FS Händler und/oder Importeur, glaube ich.

-------------------
I have been one of the lucky ones to get a 10m Pulse Proto to play with.
14 Days in Barbados with the new Pulse. Great!!!
I also took a 7m and 10m Speed but I can say straight away that the Speeds stayed in their bags apart from a couple of times.
The conditions where between 12-28knots crosshore winds with waves ranging from 1-2.5m on the faces.
In 14 days I was out every day. Top score!!!
I have used the Speeds for most of the 2005 season and really, really like them. As the conditions where I sail are usually flat water there is no better kite for me.
Barbados is a different matter though. Having wave-riding conditions every day changes your perception of things and the Speeds, though still great had to give way to the Pulse.
One thing that impressed me with the Pulse was that it had fairly good bottom end. Not as much as a 10m Speed but enough to see me through days where people where out on 15-16m LEIs and 12m Crossbows.
The Pulses depower range was massive and the kite allowed me to stay out when other riders where happily shredding on 9m tubes.
This meant that the 7m Speed didn’t get out of its bag.
The good depowerability also gives the kite a great upwind performance as it flies very far forward in the wind window.
The other nice surprise was the Pulses jumping potential. OK, from flat water you will need to be a little more powered to get the same height and float as on the Speeds but the Pulse really impressed me, giving me up to 6.5sec. hangtime and decent height when lit. I would say that it will easily do for most.
Also unhooked the Pulse rode better than any previous Flysurfer. It had good pop and little backstall tendencies.
Turning Speed was similar to the Speeds but the turning radius was tighter thanks to the lower Aspect ratio.
The Bar feedback was also nicer and the bar pressure remained fairly constant no matter how much I depowered the kite. This is one thing that allowed me to ride the kite quite high up in its windrange. I could just pull in more on the depower-strap without the backlines going slack.
The chickenloop-rope is longer than on the Speeds but not too long. I had to go full stretch when sheeting out but I could have also pulled in more pre-depower on the trimmer and thus ride comfortable with slightly bent arms. The way it came, was perfect anyway.
The bar-pressure is perfect in my books.
This kite feels very similar to a bow kite but it hasn’t got the mega bar-pressure of a Crossbow and also gets away with less travel than the Novas, Sonics etc.
The whole kite just felt great.
Relaunching put a big smile on my face and disbelief in the eyes of fellow tubekiters. I would say that the kite never stayed down for more than 10 seconds. Sometimes it relaunched before I came up from beneath the waves.
This gave me buckets of confidence to go for it. Even when the kite got washed by a wave it took on zero water and came up in seconds. This is definitely the best relaunching kite ever made.
At the same time I saw one Crossbow Kiter a day having to swim back when the Crossbow inverted. This happened every day without failure. My Pulse never ever inverted or tangled!!!
Launching on the beach was a doddle. Sand on one wingtip, a bit of pre-inflation and of you go.
Thanks to its big de-powerability the launching is even safer now.
I used the Pulse with a handlepass to chickenloop leash set-up and never had any problems with this. The kite depowers so much that it hardly pulls you when you let go of the bar.
On the beach I sometimes hooked the leash onto the re-ride system on one of the steering lines. This was just in case something unforeseen would happen and I needed to kill the kites power totally. As it happened I never used it. The Pulses stability was so good that even when launching behind a hotel it stayed up when other kites dropped like flies.
So after having used the 10m Pulse almost every day for 2 weeks in perfect conditions I can really, really recommend it.
For beginners this will be the easiest to learn with kite on the market. The Pulses depower range, stability, bar-feedback and relaunchability will give any newbie lots and lots of confidence and will make learning to kitesurf very safe and easy.
For all of us who are passed the learning stage and are looking to add the Pulse to their quiver I would say the following.
The Pulse will not disappoint, no matter how good a rider you are. If the water is super flat and you like to go fast, big and floaty then the Speeds will remain the ticket but if you want to ride unhooked, try handlepasses, shred waves or ride in difficult conditions the Pulse is better.
It is super easy to fly and has great potential to really rip. I will definitely have a 10m and a 7m myself and hopefully get those aerial handlepasses cracked this year.
-------------------------------
skyseer ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten

Antwort