oase.surf - surfers world

Zurück   [oaseforum.de] > Hauptbereich > Kitesurfen

Kitesurfen Achtung: Bitte Vorgaben beachten!

« Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »  

Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 21.08.2017, 11:56   #1
bluespresso
keep it simple.

Standard Ride Engine Safety Concern

Dear ride engine designers,
there is one particular safety concern that prevents me from buying a ride engine harness. On both sides of your spreader bars you have hooks that are used to attach the spreader bar to the rest of the harness. Unfortunately, the orientation of both hooks is outwards. Therefore, when you come into contact with loose kite lines (in the water) it is possible to get a line caught in one of the hooks. It may be difficult or impossible to unhook the caught line under force because it would get clamped between the hook part of the spreader bar and the plastic tubing of the retainers. In such a situation your life is at risk. I also believe that it is very unlikely somebody can cut the lines while being dragged by a looping kite. One good example for this problem is a kitesurfer who did a mistake self-launching, swapped the steering lines or held the bar the other way. Doing this he fell over his bar and lines in a forward motion and got one line caught in some hook attached to his harness. He could not free himself from the kite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ewc5R9MXfk
I believe this is very likely with the current design of ride engine.
I suggest you attach the side hooks backwords to your spreader bars so they face inwards. If the form is correct it should be nearly as comfortable as the current system but safer.
Also I would like to have attachment points for my safety leash on the spreader bar, one on the right and one on the left side, half way between the centre hook and the side hooks of the spreader bar.
Kind regards
bluespresso ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten