Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 23.02.2008, 14:03   #102
William
Gesperrt

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Idefixe Beitrag anzeigen
source: http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2345808

Last Sunday, a kitesurfer who was kiting on Cumbuco beach was orderd off the water by the Policia Militar. On reaching the beach he was met by three Police officers, two of whom had their 9mm semi automatic pistols drawn. One pointed his gun at the kitesurfers kite the other at the kitesurfers head. He was told by the Police that kitesurfing was not allowed on the beach and that he had to leave the area immediatly or have his equipment destroyed and be arrested or shot.

It would appear that the confusion over whether there is or is not a kitesurfing ban in Cumbuco has not been cleared up. Obviously someone has told the olice that there is and that they need to enforce it. Until the situation is more clear I would suggest that only those prepared to be shot should venture onto the beaches of Cumbuco. If you're not prepared to kite and die then stick to the lagoon or venture on to other (more kite friendly) locations... Taiba, Paracurru, etc. etc. etc.

Might I suggest that someone (respectable and trustworthy) that knows and has contact with the local Prefectura contacts them to find out definitvely if there is or isn't a kitesurfing ban on all or part of Cumbuco beach (other than that already in the centre). If there is a ban, please can you let us know who, when, where what, the ban entails. If there isn't a ban, please can you ask the Prefectura to inform the Policia Militar before they start shooting at people. Personally I can think of nothing worse for Cumbuco than if kitesurfers start being killed for kitesurfing with in kitesurfing areas.

I'll let you know if anyone dies.

Adebo
Da fahre ich bestimmt nicht hin!
William ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten