Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 05.08.2013, 08:47   #15
naishdude
Benutzer

Standard von north zu switch

Zitat:
Zitat von Sascha125 Beitrag anzeigen
Ok, Cool

Was haltet ihr denn vom Gaastra Jekyll, Hatch oder dem North Rebel ... ?

to Switch...
Post a reply

First unread post • 8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Switch from North evo to Switch...
Postby Kitelife » 27 Jul 2013 09:23

Hi,
I have my north kites for 4 years now and need new gear.
A person of my surf club in Belgium has switch. Now I am impressed to see the value for money being offered here but I need some advice.
I am not a free styler, more a free rider. In my collection of kites there are a 7 ,9 and 12 evo. My board is a shin Monk 44 wide and 135 long, weighing myself 80 kg.
So which switch kites should I get.( I am considering to by a wave board soon as well)
Kitelife Offline

Re: Switch from North evo to Switch...
Postby Sayootje » 27 Jul 2013 10:11

Element :!:
Switch Element 9M, 11M and 15M
Blankforce Logic 2013 132*40
Sayootje Offline

If you do switch over from North, I'd be very interested to hear your experience with Switch kites compared to North.
The Rebel I rode for a while was an awesome kite!... but damn, those kites are insanely expensive!

Please write a review if you end up buying and riding some Switch kites.
esg Offline

Postby Coyote » 27 Jul 2013 10:19

What you need its ElementV2 in 7 and 9m.,and for 12m NitroV2...you will feel an awesome changes with these Switch kites.The twintip you have to try to riding with MJ Comp 138 size...also Switch have a link where you can have a look the Fireware Surf Boards...

Unread postby felix » 27 Jul 2013 20:11

Element 2 for sure.
felix Offline

Unread postby beachbum » 27 Jul 2013 20:24

Hi,
I have been riding Elements 7 and 11m V1 since last year and now I'm onto V2's of the same sizes. I was riding OR '09 Rise kites prior to the Elements. I weigh 82 kg and Free ride with TTs ranging from 130 x 40, 133 x 42, 135 x 42 and directionals 5'2", 5'8" and 5'10" x 21.5" (my own custom shapes - TG Custom Boards). Being almost the same weight and riding a similar sized TT board as you, you won't go wrong with 7 and 11m Elements V2. Great on the low end (improved) with plenty of depower when it really blows. Easy relaunch and an improvement in boosting and hang time(float) which is great compared to the V1's. With these two sizes you are covered for most days, unless you want to get out in sub 11 knots. Then look at either a 15m E V2 or possibly a 12m Nitro V2. As you will be getting a directional, look at a 5'8/10" x 18 3/8" which will give you some more buoyancy in lighter winds but will not be too big in stronger conditions. The Elements are great for surfing with as well...drift, quick turning, excellent bar pressure, smoothe, even pull etc. I'm sure you have checked the stats though.
So, maybe get these 2 kites first and then see how you get on. I find that "my go to kite" is my 11m V2 E and ride it in from 12 - 26 knots before changing down. Our average wind speed here is +- 18knts on the North Sea.
The Method is also an option and although it is a dedicated wave kite, it is a great free ride kite as well. Not as floaty in the jumps though as the Elements, but they can sure boost one! I have a 9m V2 Method and love it specifically for use with a directional.
The Switch Kites offer excellent performance, unsurpassed build quality at affordable prices...don't get one, get some!
Hope this helps.
Good luck!
beachbum Offline

Unread postby Kitelife » 28 Jul 2013 07:47

Hey all,
Thanks for all your advice,

Unread postby terracquaria » 01 Aug 2013 19:52

If U ride North EVO U need Element V2.

I'm exclusively freerider, 92Kg riding TT 137*42
I've had North Evo 2010 size 12, and Evo 9 2011...

Now I ride same table on Elemet V2 13 and I... forgot North:
SAME quality,
LOWER price,
MORE performance.

If U think the EVO is stable and quick, Element V2 can crumble your beliefs:
Element is the better (all around) kite
naishdude ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten